Statement Of Faith
(A)The Holy Scriptures.
1. We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the verbally and plenarily inspired Word of God. The Scriptures are inerrant, infallible and God-breathed and, therefore, are the final authority for faith and life. The sixty-six books of the Old and New Testament are the complete and dine revelation of God to Man. The Scriptures shall be interpreted according to their normal grammatical-historical meaning. The King James Version of the Bible shall be the official and only translation used by the church. (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:20-21)
(B) The Godhead.
1. We believe in one triune God, eternally existing in three persons- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit- each co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, coequal in power and glory, and having the same attributes and perfections. ( Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; John 14:10,26; 2 Cor. 13:14)
(C) The Person and Work of Christ.
1.We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful men. ( Isa. 7:14; 9:6; Luke 1:35; John 1:1-2, 14; 2 Cor. 5:19-21; Gal. 4:4-5; Phil. 2:5-8)
2.We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished our redemption through His death on the Cross as a representative, vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice; and, that our justification is made sure by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead. ( Acts 2:18-36; Rom. 3:24-25; Eph. 1:7; 1 Pet. 2:24; 1 Peter 1:3-5)
3.We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ ascended to Heaven and is now exalted at the right hand of God where, as our High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate. ( Acts 1:9-10; Rom. 8:34; Heb. 9:24;7:25;1 John 2:1-2)
(D) The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit.
1.We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; and, that He is the Supernatural Agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption. ( John 16:8-11; Rom. 8:9; 1Cor. 12:12-14; 2 Cor. 3:6; Eph. 1:13-14)
2.We Believe that He is the divine Teacher who assists believers to understand and appropriate the Scriptures and that it is the privilege and duty of all the saved to be filled with the Spirit (Eph1:17-18’ 5”18’ 1 John 2:20.27)
3.We believe that God is sovereign in the bestowal of spiritual gifts to every believer. God uniquely uses evangelists, pastors, and teachers to equip believers in the assembly in order that they can do the work of the ministry. (Rom. 12:3-8; 1 Cor. 12:4-11, 28; Eph. 4:7-12)
4.We believe that the sign gifts of the Holy Spirit, such as speaking in tongues and the gift of healing were temporary. Speaking in tongues was never the common or necessary sign of the baptism or filling of the Holy Spirit. Ultimate deliverance of the body from sickness or death awaits the consummation of our salvation in the resurrection, though God frequently chooses to answer the prayers of believers for physical healing. ( 1 Cor. 1:22; 13:8; 14:21-22)
(E). The Total Depravity of Man.
1. We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God; but that in Adam’s sin the human race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God. Man is totally depraved and, of himself, utterly unable to remedy his lost condition. ( Gen. 1:26-27’ Rom. 3:22-23; 5:12. 6:23; Eph 2:1-3;4:17-19)
1. We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, Whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the payment of our sins. We believe that all sins, except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, are forgivable. ( Matt. 12:31032; John 1:12; Eph. 1:7; 2-8-10; 1 Pet. 1:18-19)
(G)The Eternal Security and Assurance of Believers.
1.We believe that all the redeemed, once saved, are kept by God’s power and are thus secure in Christ forever. ( John 6:37-40;10:27-30; Rom. 8:1;38-39; 1 Cor. 1:4-8; 1 Pet. 1:4-5)
2.We believe that it is the privilege of believers to rejoice in the assurance of their salvation through the testimony of God’s Word, which, however, clearly forbids the use of Christian liberty as an occasion to the flesh. ( Rom. 13:13-14; Gal. 5:13; Titus 2:11-15)
(H) The church
1.We believe that the local church, which is the body and the espoused bride of Christ, is solely made up of born-again baptized persons. ( 1 Cor. 12:12-14; 2 Cor. 11:2; Eph. 1:22-23; 5:25-27)
2.We believe that the establishment and continuance of local churches is clearly taught and defined in the New Testament Scriptures. ( Acts 14:27;20:17, 28:32; 1 Tim. 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-11)
3.We believe in the autonomy of the local church free of any external authority or control. ( Acts 13:1-4; 15:19-31; 20:28; Rom 16:1,4; 1 Cor. 3:9, 16; 5:4-7, 13; 1 Pet. 5:1-4)
4. We Recognize water baptism and the Lord’s Supper as the Scriptural ordinances of obedience for the Church in this age. ( Matt. 28:19-20; Acts 2:41-42;18:18; 1 Cor. 11;23-26)
( I) Separation.
1. We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as not to bring reproach upon their Savior and Lord. God commands His people to separate from all religious apostasy, all worldly and sinful pleasures, practices, and associations, and to refrain from all immodest and immoderate appearances, piercings, and bodily markings. ( Lev. 19:28; Rom. 12:1-2; 14:13; 1 Cor. 6:19-20; 2 Cor. 6:14-7; 2 Tim. 3:1-5; 1 John 2:15-17; 2 John 9-11)
(J)The Second Advent of Christ.
1.We believe in that blessed hope, the personal, imminent return of Christ, who will rapture His Church prior to the seven year Tribulation period. At the end of the Tribulation, Christ will personally and visibly return with His saints, to establish His earthly Messianic Kingdom which was promised to the nation of Israel( Ps. 89:3-4; Dan. 2:32-45; Zech. 14:4-11; I Thes. 1:0, 4:13-18; Titus 2:13, Rev. 3:10; 19:11-16 20:1-6)
(K) The Eternal State
1.We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, the saved to the eternal life, and the unsaved to the judgment and everlasting punishment. ( Matt 25:46; John 5:28, 29; 11:25-26; rev. 20:5-6, 12-13)
2. We believe that the souls of the redeemed are, at death, absent from the body and present with the Lord, where in conscious bliss they await the first resurrection, when spirit, soul, and body are reunited to be glorified forever with the Lord. ( Luke 23:43, 2 Cor. 5:8; Phil. 1:23;3:21; I Thess. 4:16-17; Rev. 20:4-6)
3.We believe that the souls of the unbelievers remain, after death, in conscious punishment and torment until the second resurrection, when with soul and body united, they shall appear at the Great White Throne Judgment, and shall be cast into the Lake of Fire, not to be annihilated, but to suffer everlasting conscious punishment and torment. ( Matt. 25:41-46; Mark 9:43-48; Luke 16:19-26; 2 Thess. 1:7-9; Jude 6-7 Rev. 20:11-15)
(L) The Personality of Satan.
1. We believe that Satan is a person, the author of sin and that he is the open and declared enemy of God and man; and that he shall be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire. ( Job 1:6-7; Isa. 14:12-17; Matt. 4:2-11; 25:41; Rev. 20:10)
1. We believe that God created the universe in six literal, 24 hour periods. We reject evolution, the Gap Theory, the Day-Age Theory, and Theistic Evolution as unscriptural theories of origin. (Gen 1-2; Ex. 20:11)